LANAP Protocol®Palm Beach Gardens, FL
World’s First & ONLY Scientifically Proven † FDA Clearance for *True Periodontal Regeneration™
The LANAP protocol is a laser-based treatment for gum disease. There is no cutting and suturing with the LANAP protocol. Patients typically report less pain and discomfort during and after the procedure, compared to traditional periodontal surgery. This patient friendly procedure helps you get healthy again comfortably, without fear. Generally, the LANAP protocol is less invasive than traditional surgery and helps maintain a beautiful smile line
The LANAP protocol is a patented periodontal treatment, cleared by the FDA in 2004. The procedure can only be done with the PerioLase® MVP-7; this laser operates at a specific wavelength that attacks the bacteria that contributes to gum disease while leaving healthy tissue intact. Post-surgical recession and tooth sensitivity, which can be significant following traditional gum surgery, are also greatly reduced.
The LANAP protocol is the world’s first and only scientifically proven laser gum disease treatment with FDA clearance for True Periodontal Regeneration.
The LANAP protocol utilizes the unique PerioLase® MVP-7™, an Nd:YAG free running pulsed laser requiring specific knowledge and skills derivative of the LANAP protocol.
To you, the patient, this means:
- No cutting
- No stitches
- Less pain
- Regeneration of bone and tissues lost to gum disease
- Hope for hopeless teeth
- Less swelling
- Less tissue removed
- Faster recovery
The LANAP Protocol:
- Eliminates the infection
- Allows removal of only diseased tissue without removing any healthy tissue
- Maintains the height of the tissue around teeth
- Minimizes pain and discomfort to the patient
- Closes the periodontal pocket to allow healing – regeneration– to take place
Controlling periodontal disease makes it possible to save and restore otherwise hopeless teeth.
- Periodontal probe indicates excessive pocket depth
- PerioLase® MVP-7™ laser energy selectively vaporizes bacteria, endotoxins, diseased tissues and denatures pathologic proteins
- Ultrasonic scaler tips remove root surface tartar
- Bone is modified to release stem cells growth factors, and aids in sealing pocket closed so new germs cannot enter
- PerioLase MVP-7 finishes cleaning pocket, stimulates natural
- Healing of gums to clean root surface occurs
- Bite trauma is adjusted
- Tissues and bone regenerate for true healing
- Faster Healing – LANAP® is minimally invasive and allows the body to recover and heal more quickly.
- Less Discomfort – Patients report less discomfort during and after surgery.
- Minimal Recovery Time – Most patients can immediately return to their daily routine.
- Little to No Gum Recession – Because the procedure doesn’t require cutting the gums, there is less risk of recession and your beautiful smile is maintained.
- Reduction in Gum Inflammation and Bleeding – The PerioLase® MVP-7™ targets inflammatory bacteria without injuring healthy tissue.
- Saves Teeth – Patients can keep their natural teeth sometimes even when the teeth have been deemed ‘hopeless’ with traditional treatments. Keeping your natural teeth has been linked to a longer lifespan!
- Safe for patients with Health Concerns – LANAP® protocol is safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as Plavix or aspirin.
Missing or damaged teeth can impact people’s smiles and overall dental health, especially if the affected teeth cause pain or become infected, but dental implants can replace these teeth and eliminate certain oral health issues. Before patients seek out this procedure, it can be important to understand how anesthesia may be used to avoid any…
When opting for dental implants to address missing teeth, people want to know that the result is attractive and long-lasting. The process of getting implants is often more expensive and lengthier than other alternatives, so patients need to know that they are investing their money wisely. Fortunately, dental implants are a long-term solution for missing…
Dental implants are a reliable replacement option if a patient has a tooth extracted. There are many reasons to pull permanent teeth, including infection, irreversible damage, and a crowded mouth. A dentist may recommend an implant if a patient is experiencing difficulties with chewing or speaking, or if the person is self-conscious about smiling. It…