LANAP Protocol®Palm Beach Gardens, FL
World’s First & ONLY Scientifically Proven † FDA Clearance for *True Periodontal Regeneration™
The LANAP protocol is a laser-based treatment for gum disease. There is no cutting and suturing with the LANAP protocol. Patients typically report less pain and discomfort during and after the procedure, compared to traditional periodontal surgery. This patient friendly procedure helps you get healthy again comfortably, without fear. Generally, the LANAP protocol is less invasive than traditional surgery and helps maintain a beautiful smile line
The LANAP protocol is a patented periodontal treatment, cleared by the FDA in 2004. The procedure can only be done with the PerioLase® MVP-7; this laser operates at a specific wavelength that attacks the bacteria that contributes to gum disease while leaving healthy tissue intact. Post-surgical recession and tooth sensitivity, which can be significant following traditional gum surgery, are also greatly reduced.
The LANAP protocol is the world’s first and only scientifically proven laser gum disease treatment with FDA clearance for True Periodontal Regeneration.
The LANAP protocol utilizes the unique PerioLase® MVP-7™, an Nd:YAG free running pulsed laser requiring specific knowledge and skills derivative of the LANAP protocol.
To you, the patient, this means:
- No cutting
- No stitches
- Less pain
- Regeneration of bone and tissues lost to gum disease
- Hope for hopeless teeth
- Less swelling
- Less tissue removed
- Faster recovery
The LANAP Protocol:
- Eliminates the infection
- Allows removal of only diseased tissue without removing any healthy tissue
- Maintains the height of the tissue around teeth
- Minimizes pain and discomfort to the patient
- Closes the periodontal pocket to allow healing – regeneration– to take place
Controlling periodontal disease makes it possible to save and restore otherwise hopeless teeth.
- Periodontal probe indicates excessive pocket depth
- PerioLase® MVP-7™ laser energy selectively vaporizes bacteria, endotoxins, diseased tissues and denatures pathologic proteins
- Ultrasonic scaler tips remove root surface tartar
- Bone is modified to release stem cells growth factors, and aids in sealing pocket closed so new germs cannot enter
- PerioLase MVP-7 finishes cleaning pocket, stimulates natural
- Healing of gums to clean root surface occurs
- Bite trauma is adjusted
- Tissues and bone regenerate for true healing
- Faster Healing – LANAP® is minimally invasive and allows the body to recover and heal more quickly.
- Less Discomfort – Patients report less discomfort during and after surgery.
- Minimal Recovery Time – Most patients can immediately return to their daily routine.
- Little to No Gum Recession – Because the procedure doesn’t require cutting the gums, there is less risk of recession and your beautiful smile is maintained.
- Reduction in Gum Inflammation and Bleeding – The PerioLase® MVP-7™ targets inflammatory bacteria without injuring healthy tissue.
- Saves Teeth – Patients can keep their natural teeth sometimes even when the teeth have been deemed ‘hopeless’ with traditional treatments. Keeping your natural teeth has been linked to a longer lifespan!
- Safe for patients with Health Concerns – LANAP® protocol is safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as Plavix or aspirin.
Rafael E. Cordero, DDS PA is located at 3345 Burns Rd #203 Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410.
†Only FDA clearance for True Periodontal Regeneration with independent, peer-reviewed scientific proof on the LANAP protocol. *Full-mouth True Periodontal Regeneration
Getting Follow Up Care After Dental Implants
Dental implants offer individuals the opportunity to regain a fully functioning set of teeth. The aftercare procedures are imperative to ensure the surgical area heals and implant osseointegration occurs. Osseointegration is the process by which the bone in the jaw fuses with the implant posts. This creates the solid foundation needed to support the apparatus.…
Signs You Have Receding Gums
Receding gums are defined as the loss of gum tissue or retraction of the gingival border from the tooth, exposing the tooth's roots. Gum recession is prevalent among adults, although symptoms may appear as early as adolescence. It is essential to pay attention to the signs to get treatment and begin your journey towards recovery.The…
Key Facts About Dental Implants
For many patients, dental implants are a way to restore the look and function of their smile. This procedure has become a popular tooth replacement option in recent years. Patients should be aware of these important facts about implants to determine if the procedure is the right choice for them.The process of dental implants involves…