LANAP Protocol®Palm Beach Gardens, FL
World’s First & ONLY Scientifically Proven † FDA Clearance for *True Periodontal Regeneration™
The LANAP protocol is a laser-based treatment for gum disease. There is no cutting and suturing with the LANAP protocol. Patients typically report less pain and discomfort during and after the procedure, compared to traditional periodontal surgery. This patient friendly procedure helps you get healthy again comfortably, without fear. Generally, the LANAP protocol is less invasive than traditional surgery and helps maintain a beautiful smile line
The LANAP protocol is a patented periodontal treatment, cleared by the FDA in 2004. The procedure can only be done with the PerioLase® MVP-7; this laser operates at a specific wavelength that attacks the bacteria that contributes to gum disease while leaving healthy tissue intact. Post-surgical recession and tooth sensitivity, which can be significant following traditional gum surgery, are also greatly reduced.
The LANAP protocol is the world’s first and only scientifically proven laser gum disease treatment with FDA clearance for True Periodontal Regeneration.
The LANAP protocol utilizes the unique PerioLase® MVP-7™, an Nd:YAG free running pulsed laser requiring specific knowledge and skills derivative of the LANAP protocol.
To you, the patient, this means:
- No cutting
- No stitches
- Less pain
- Regeneration of bone and tissues lost to gum disease
- Hope for hopeless teeth
- Less swelling
- Less tissue removed
- Faster recovery
The LANAP Protocol:
- Eliminates the infection
- Allows removal of only diseased tissue without removing any healthy tissue
- Maintains the height of the tissue around teeth
- Minimizes pain and discomfort to the patient
- Closes the periodontal pocket to allow healing – regeneration– to take place
Controlling periodontal disease makes it possible to save and restore otherwise hopeless teeth.
- Periodontal probe indicates excessive pocket depth
- PerioLase® MVP-7™ laser energy selectively vaporizes bacteria, endotoxins, diseased tissues and denatures pathologic proteins
- Ultrasonic scaler tips remove root surface tartar
- Bone is modified to release stem cells growth factors, and aids in sealing pocket closed so new germs cannot enter
- PerioLase MVP-7 finishes cleaning pocket, stimulates natural
- Healing of gums to clean root surface occurs
- Bite trauma is adjusted
- Tissues and bone regenerate for true healing
- Faster Healing – LANAP® is minimally invasive and allows the body to recover and heal more quickly.
- Less Discomfort – Patients report less discomfort during and after surgery.
- Minimal Recovery Time – Most patients can immediately return to their daily routine.
- Little to No Gum Recession – Because the procedure doesn’t require cutting the gums, there is less risk of recession and your beautiful smile is maintained.
- Reduction in Gum Inflammation and Bleeding – The PerioLase® MVP-7™ targets inflammatory bacteria without injuring healthy tissue.
- Saves Teeth – Patients can keep their natural teeth sometimes even when the teeth have been deemed ‘hopeless’ with traditional treatments. Keeping your natural teeth has been linked to a longer lifespan!
- Safe for patients with Health Concerns – LANAP® protocol is safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as Plavix or aspirin.
Your implant dentist may refer to a part of your dental implant restoration as an “abutment.” For many, this is a new term, and understanding what the implant dentist means can be helpful to feel more comfortable about what you can expect with the treatment process and your restoration.A dental abutment is a connecting piece…
During the consultation with an implant dentist, the patient and the dental team can put together a treatment plan. There are various steps during the teeth replacement process. Knowing them ahead of time can help the patient prepare prior to any scheduled procedures to ensure the implant dentistry process is as easy and convenient as…
A periodontist will examine your complete medical and dental history on your first visit to the office. This is to check if you react to specific medications and have any pre-existing disorders impeding your dental care. Your periodontist will then perform a comprehensive gum examination to look for signs or symptoms of illness.In certain situations,…